Monday, May 5, 2008

Sophia Kait




Since we have been very hesitant in starting a blog, (Mostly because Mike is totally anti.) we have not posted anything since our initial start-up post. As you can see our initial post was very uninformative, mostly because I was clueless on how to do a blog and nothing exciting was going on in our lives to report. Now that I have blog stalked several of you out there and have pretty good ideas on how I want my blog to look like, I am going to devote some time and effort to our blog with or without Mike's support.


On April 8th we were blessed with the arrival of our second little girl. Sophia Kait was born weighing 6 pounds 15 ounces, 19 inches long with all ten fingers and all ten toes. Everything went smooth and easy. We arrived at the hospital around 9 o'clock and Sophia was born around 5:30. It was little longer than Mia's birth was, but since it was the second time around we were much more calm and relaxed. Since I didn't know the sex, I was very excited to find out what we were going to have. When she was born she had her cord wrapped pretty tight around her neck, Mike was pretty nervous because of the dark purple face that was looking up at him. Because both Mike and Dr. Smith were concerned about the cord, no one told me if it was a boy or girl. I actually had to look for myself to see what she was. Thankfully she was fine and everything turned out great.

Mia has been an awesome big sister! She has definitely embraced the roll of being the little helper. She helps getting Sophia dressed and she especially likes to put on the socks. Hopefull she continues to have the desire to help me!





4 comments:

Becca said...

Hi--welcome to the blogging world! What a beautiful little baby you have! Mia is so cute too! I'm just browsing the Murray, Utah blogs to see my neighbors......

Don't worry, you'll figure out all kinds of fun stuff you can put on your blog.....I'm still figuring out stuff myself....

Emily said...

Aja..Sophia is so lovely. So glad that all is going well. Welcome to the blog-o-sphere, don't let it suck you in too much..he he. Loves to you ..

Ben and Natalie said...

Aja.... This is Natalie Jacobs, well Natalie Summerhays now. I found your blog from Julie & Branigan's and thought that I would tell you congrats!! I love this blogging world! :)

Hillary Corpuz said...

HEY--This is the first time I have seen her, so cute. Mia looks so much like Mike(or a Dibb) it's crazy!!